Inhaling the aromas from essential oils can stimulate areas of your limbic system, which is a part of your brain that plays a role in emotions, behaviors, sense of smell, and long-term memory.
Interestingly, the limbic system is heavily involved in forming memories. This can partly explain why familiar smells can trigger memories or emotions.
In our current climate, many of us need help in reducing the feelings of stress, anxiety and overwhelm. Using essential oils provides an all-natural approach to influencing your mood. Here are my top 5 essential oils for helping to reduce these feelings:
- Adaptiv: This oil is called the “calming blend” because it helps improve sustained attention while easing the body and mind. It is a combination of Wild Orange, Lavender, Copaiba, Spearmint, Rosemary, Magnolia, Neroli and Sweetgum.
- Serenity: This oil is called the “restful blend” because it creates a calming environment at bedtime and helps to reduce life’s daily stressors. It is a combination of Lavender, Cedarwood, Ho Wood, Marjoram, Roman Chamomile, Vetiver, Vanilla Bean absolute, and Hawaiian Sandalwood.
- Wild Orange: The “oil of abundance”. It helps to energize and uplift the mind and body while purifying the air. It effectively counteracts the feelings of scarcity, rigidity, lack of energy, and discouragement.
- Peace: Known as the “reassuring blend”. For when life’s anxious moments are leaving you feeling overwhelmed and afraid, it is a positive reminder you don’t have to be perfect to find peace. Slow down, take a deep breath, and reconnect with the composed, collected you. This blend consists of Vetiver, Lavender, Ylang Ylang, Frankincense, Clary Sage, Marjoram, Labdanum and Spearmint.
- Vetiver: The “oil of centering.” Calming, grounding, and beneficial when rubbed on the bottom of the feet before going to bed. Also known to help reduce feelings of anxiousness as well as to help when you feel apathetic, scattered, stressed and ungrounded.
All it takes is 1-2 drops placed in the palm of your hand. Rub hands together and cup over your nose. Breathe deeply for 2-3 minutes. Alternatively, you can apply the oils topically. Add 1-2 drops to a small amount of carrier oil. Apply to back of neck, chest and/or bottom of feet to help reduce the effects of stress.
We carry a full line of essential oils. Please don’t hesitate to call us for more information.